Monday, December 28, 2009


Well, he's officially here!! Taegan Allen Crisp (TAC) was born Dec. 20th at 6:06 pm. I wasn't due for 3 more weeks, so it was a little of a surprise. In fact, Al was actually gone for the weekend!! That morning when I went into labor he was still at the deer lease (if you can imagine!) ---in Leakey, 5 hours away!! To make things worse, his phone had died and he had forgotten to take a charger with him, so I had no way of reaching him. God was definately watching out for us, because Al decided to skip the morning hunt and come on home. He stopped in San Angelo and bought a charger so he could call me. I guess he could hear panic in my voice because when he got home he met me at the door with roses! He loaded me up and to the hospitol we went and by that evening we had a 6 lb 5 oz, 18 inch healthy baby! We had him home for Christmas and everything is going great. Thanks to all the wonderful friends we have that made his birth and time in the hospitol so special. Thanks also to everyone for helping us finish up our season and to our customers for being so understanding while we were out. We finished on Monday, with a grand total of 23,963 bales. What a great year! We got to take a week off, so today was my first day back at the gin, and besides being really behind, it went really good. At only 8 days old, Tac is getting an early start on learning to run a gin!







Taegan's first Christmas!!










We introduced the dogs to Tac officially on Christmas morning. Poor Buster- he's been with us through all the many animals that have come through our door, and as he sat there watching Tac cry, he had the most disgusted look on his face that said, "Well great. You brought home another pet." I'm not for sure that Buster doesn't think he's a rabbit. Ruger just wants to lick him all the time and steals his pacifier every chance he gets. I guess everyone will adjust!

5 comments:

  1. He gets more adorable every day!!! I think he needs some hugs and kisses from his Aunt Nee :) You two are such wonderful parents...may God continue to bless you each day! I love you ALL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog page looks great. So glad to see you here. Your little boy is just precious. Love the picture of the dog sniffing him.

    A blog can be some work but it is a great way to journal your life and keep family updated on Tac.

    Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us posted. So glad you are all home and doing well. We miss you guys! Love you- Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasha, I was SOOOOO excited to see your blog on Dawn's blogroll! YAY! I hope you will keep us updated on your life with Taegan! I was absolutely thrilled when I heard about your pregnancy...I know this baby is an answer to many, many prayers! We are still trying and looking at IVF possibly in the summer.

    Your pics are GORGEOUS, by the way! What a beautiful little family you have!

    Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures!! Yay for babies, hope you are feeling better and better each day!

    ReplyDelete